With the mad rush leading up to Christmas, it’s never too early to start shopping for gifts, especially if you don’t want to spend a fortune. But how do you get the Christmas gifts your loved ones want on a budget? Here are a couple of tips to help you get the best Christmas gifts while saving big.
WHAT’S HOT FOR CHRISTMAS 2010?
So you’ve decided to get an early start on your holiday shopping, but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming trying to decide which new toys and tools your friends and family will enjoy the most.
Never fear! I have scoured the internet to find some of the latest fun gadgets and toys for kids and adults.
To Him: Of course, everyone has been hearing a lot about the Apple iPad and iPhone, so they’re always safe bets if the man in your life is really into technology. But for a slightly different twist (or if your guy is more PC than Mac), how about opting for an Android smartphone? For a low-cost option, try the Augen 7″ Color Touchscreen Tablet PC, available at Kmart.com.
For Her: If your girlfriend, mom or sister is into high-tech beauty, you might want to check out the ghd brand of professional hair styling tools that’s been buzzing on the internet’s top beauty sites. The versatile ceramic flat iron not only works to straighten hair, but also to create beautiful curls and waves, and there are tons of great styling products to make sure your hair gets the best care. And there’s an instructional DVD included! Check it out at Buy.com.
For the kids: While Barbies will never go out of style, Moxie Girlz dolls definitely make waves everywhere with their bold style and accessories. Here’s a great way to save money while giving your child hours of fun and lots of options: the Moxie Girlz Magic Hair Head Gamez doll from Kmart.com, which includes two extra ‘pop-on’ heads, so it’s just like have three dolls in one!
If you’re looking for something both toddlers and older kids will enjoy, the latest Nintendo DSi XL handheld gaming system is a great way to have games on the go! The popular Brain Age learning software is pre-installed, and with larger screens and a built-in camera, it’s a great way for friends and family to bond. Abt Electronics has a great selection in many fun colors.
Great ways to save on your Christmas shopping
It’s possible to get great Christmas gifts without blowing your budget or racking up credit card debt! Check out some of these tips to help you maximize savings.
- A sale is a sale: Don’t wait for last minute Christmas deals! If you see great deals on the items you want to buy during the Halloween sales or even before, you can space out your purchases to stay on budget, instead of doing a lot of gifts.
- Get clipper-happy: Don’t discount the value of coupons, especially for online purchases – check sites like Slickdeals.net and RetailMeNot for some ideas. Or look for retailers with daily deals like free shipping.
- The Gift Card That Keeps Giving: Gift cards They’re a great way to stay on budget, as well as make sure your loved ones always get what they want and need. Also, they are much more convenient than giving cash as they can be used online, especially if you choose git cards from retailers that sell a wide variety of products. They’re also a great way to preload cash for contractors and other service providers you’ve worked with all year.
- Take a look at the trend hunters: There are plenty of sites dedicated to finding the best prices and the latest trends on toys, electronics, beauty, etc., so explore these early on to make sure you don’t get stuck buying attractive items at premium prices like Christmas shopping. madness begins Try a site like TheBigToyBook.com or a big retailer like Sears.com for great ideas.
- Cash payment: Credit card interest charges can be a bane to your wallet, especially if you’re doing a lot of holiday shopping. Avoid them by paying cash, as even online you can find great secure cash payment options, some of which even offer rewards like cash back.